Our fellowship program in Minimally Invasive Surgery is one of the first fellowships of its kind in the country, and is the longest-running of the four programs in the UT Health/MIST Fellowship Consortium.
The contribution of Dr. Leggett, who is a pioneer of laparoscopy in Houston, brings forth added strength to the UT Health/MIST fellowship consortium. Dr. Leggett is well-recognized and has published extensively in medical journals detailing his innovative surgical techniques. This aspect of the fellowship is very busy with a well-rounded experience in all types of laparoscopic general surgery, with an emphasis on anti-reflux and bariatric procedures, as well as diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy. There is the opportunity for DaVinci robotic surgery training and certification. Two fellows are accepted annually.
Applications are accepted through the Fellowship Council website.
Our 2020-2021 fellow is Dr. Jacqueline Stephenson, DO.
- 2019-2020 Dr. Ashleigh Hagaman and Dr. Ngan Nguyen
- 2018-2019 Kalyan Gorantla & Nancy Panko
- 2017-2018 Melanie Boyle and William Buitrago
- 2016-2017 Ping Jeanne Pan & Seeyuen Jane Lee
- 2015-2016 Thomas Wang
- 2014-2015 Nicholai Stephens & Luis Rodriguez-Escola
- 2013-2014 Sarah Lippert & Romeo Lainez
- 2011-2012 Benjamin DuBois & Rachel Reeder
- 2010-2011 Khoi Du & Heather Vasser
- 2009-2010 Sherrie Parker & Clayton Hackerman
- 2008-2009 Luis Bonilla & Obos Ekhaese
- 2007-2008 Leigh Montes & Alex Nguyen
- 2006-2007 Aleksandr Reznichenko
- 2005-2006 Guillermo Garcia & Grace Kim
- 2004-2005 Michael Bozuk & Nicole Fearing
- 2003-2004 Robert J. Chastanet & Michael V. Seger
- 2002-2003 Darren B. Miter
- 2001-2002 Erik B. Wilson
- 2000-2001 Hesham M. Atwa
- 1999-2000 Charles Bissell